Most Active Stories
KRWG.ORG-The Region's Home Page
Fri March 22, 2013
Shutdown Of I-25 South Today
FULL CLOSURE scheduled for I-25 SOUTHBOUND:
· Wednesday March 27th for approximately 3 hours beginning around 2:00 p.m., with the closures to be lifted by 5:00 p.m.
The New Mexico Department of Transportation (NMDOT) with A.S. Horner continue work on the I-10/ I-25 System Interchange; with the project nearing completion, traffic alerts are still posted advising motorists of lane restrictions and detours.
· I-25 Northbound (NB) & I-25 Southbound (SB): Traffic is reduced to one lane with speed limit posted at 45 MPH. Traffic will be switching lanes periodically throughout this phase for paving operations on I-25 NB and SB. I-10 WB to I-25 NB traffic flow has been switched from slip ramp detour to permanent alignment. I-25 SB traffic has been switched to the passing lane and is restricted to 1-11 foot lane under the I-10 bridges; oversize loads should avoid this area.
- I-10 Eastbound (EB) & Westbound (WB): Traffic is reduced to one-lane in each direction. Currently I-10 WB traffic and I-10 EB traffic are on permanent alignment. Both directions continue to be reduced to a single lane.
- I-10 EB to I-25 NB ramp remains CLOSED. Motorists will have to access University exit in order to regain connection to I-25 NB.
- I-25 to I-10 WB ramp is OPEN to traffic.
- Las Alturas traffic is on permanent alignment, periodic flagging operations may occur.
- Stern Drive is shifted to new permanent alignment. Traffic signals have been moved to the south end of Stern, yet periodic flagging operations will still occur for construction of driving lanes and painting of the retaining wall.
- Cholla Road is now fully open to traffic. Periodic flagging will occur for painting of the bridge.
The NMDOT encourages motorists to exercise caution through the construction zone due to speed reductions, width restrictions, heavy equipment, and construction personnel within the work area.
This project will be progressing in stages where updates will be posted on the NMDOT home page http://www.dot.state.nm.us/InterchangeI10-I25.html and on the road advisory site at www.NMroads.com.