KRWG.ORG-The Region's Home Page
Mon April 8, 2013
Las Cruces Library Announces Special Events For National Library Week
Thomas Branigan Library joins libraries in schools, campuses and communities nationwide in celebrating National Library Week, a time to highlight the value of libraries, librarians and library workers.
“Libraries today are more than repositories for books and other resources. They are trusted places where everyone in the community can gather to reconnect and reengage with each other to enrich and shape the community and address local issues,” said Lynette Schurdevin library administrator. “Whether through offering e-books and technology classes, materials for English-language learners, programs for job seekers or those to support early literacy, librarians listen to the community they serve, and they respond,” Schurdevin added.
Thomas Branigan Library will celebrate National Library Week by hosting the following presentations. All presentations will be held at the library, 200 E. Picacho, except the Saturday, April 20 presentation.
- How to Start a Business - Monday, April 15, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- How to Choose and Buy a Franchise - Monday, April 15, 1 to 3 p.m.
- Export or Import, Follow the Flow - Tuesday, April 16, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Working with your Financial Statements - Tuesday, April 16, 1 to 3 p.m.
- Job Search and the Internet - Thursday, April 18, 2 to 4 p.m.
- Four Shillings Short (Celtic World & Folk Music) Saturday, April 20, 3 - 5 p.m. (Co-sponsored with and held at the Branigan Cultural Center, 501 N. Main St.)
Register online at http://library.las-cruces.org/, click on library calendar on left side menu, or by phone at 575/528-4005. For more information contact Carmella Lee at 575/528-4024 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thomas Branigan Library hours are Monday thru Thursday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., Friday and Saturday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday 1 to 5 p.m.
To request this document in alternative formats or to request and accommodation for a disability to participate in these events, call the library at 575/528-4005 (voice) or 575-528.4008 (TTY) at least 48 hours in advance.